- Guidance General Information
- Guidance Quick Links
- Add/Drop Request Form
- Registration 10th, 11th & 12th Grade
- Incoming 9th Grade Information
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Canvas Login and Support
- Career Technical Education
- Counselor's Corner
- College Prep Testing ACT/SAT
- College Representative Visits
- High School Graduation Requirements
- Homework & Independent Study Contracts
- Structured Teaching Educating Prepared Students (STEPS)
- Independent PE
- Tutoring/Study Skills
- Work Permits
Students desiring to apply for 2023-24 need to submit the application and submit it to their School Counselor. Links are available on the right side of this page.
Independent PE is intended for the Pre-Olympic, Elite or Nationally ranked athletes competing in an Individual sport at the highest level. Competing in and ranking at a lower level does not qualify for IPE.
- Download and fill out the application completely, providing the following to the Guidance office.
- “GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE INDEPENDENT PHYSICAL EDUCATION” (IPE) (Signed by Parent, Student & Coach)
- Weekly Practice Schedule –
- Competition Schedule –
- Printed & Highlighted Verification of Ranking or Level of Competition/Performance. (From a sanctioned independent ranking organization for the specific sport/activity.)
- Turn in all printed information listed above to the Guidance Office for review.
The IPE coordinator will work through the application and will notify you and your student of whether or not your student has been admitted into IPE for the school year.
- IPE applications will be screened and approved prior to the start of Semester.
- Approval notification will communicated from SJHHS IPE Coordinator.
- Online PE course enrollment (upon site approval) will be sent to families from the IPE teacher explaining next steps.
- Application denials will also be messaged to families from the Tesoro IPE Coordinator. If needed, the Assistant Principal of Guidance can provide follow-up assistance.
For additional information please contact:
Tesoro High School
Secretary, Guidance Department
(949) 234-5310 x15005
(949) 635-9346 Fax