- Guidance Quick Links
- Guidance General Information
- Registration 10th, 11th & 12th Grade
- Incoming 9th Grade Information
- Canvas Login and Support
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- Counselor's Corner
- Career Technical Education
- College Prep Testing
- College Representative Visits
- Structured Teaching Educating Prepared Students (STEPS)
- Tutoring/Study Skills
College Athletic Associations
THE NCAA ORGANIZATION
NCAA Organization: www.ncaa.org
Division I - 350 schools
- Scholarships, largest budgets, 20 hour/week time commitment minium
Division II - 300 Schools
- Scholarships, smaller budgets, similar time commitment as DI schools
Division III - 440 Schools
- No athletic scholarships, small budgets, smaller time commitiment
NCAA ELIGIBILITY CENTER
NCAA Eligibility Center certifies the academic and amateur credentials of all college bound student-athletes who wish to compete in NCAA Division I or II athletics.
Division I Academic "Qualifier"- Registration Checklist
- Complete 16 core courses.
- Ten of the 16 core courses must be completed before the start of the seventh semester (senior year) of high school.
- Seven of the 10 core courses must be English, Math, or Natural or Physical Science.
- Grades earned in the 10 courses required before the seventh semester are "locked in" for purposes of GPA calculation.
- A repeat of any of the "locked in" courses will not be used in improve the GPA if the repeat occurs after the seventh semester begins.
- Have a minimum core-course GPA of 2.300. More info at 2-point-3
- Meet the sliding scale of GPA and ACT/SAT score. More info at NCAA Student athlete test scores
- Graduate from high school
Division I Core Course Requirements
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of Math (Algebra I or higher)
- 2 years of Natural/Physical science (1 year lab)
- 1 year of additional English, Math, or Science
- 2 years of Social Science
- 4 years of additional courses (any area above, foreign language or comparative religion/philosophy)
NATIONAL ATHLETIC INTERCOLLEGIATE ASSOCIATION (NAIA)
- 77,000 student-athletes
- 27 different men's and women's National Championships
- More than 250 colleges and universities and 21 conferences
- $800 million in athletic scholarships
- Smaller schools, often religious-based
NAIA Eligibility Center: www.playnaia.org
PlayNAIA.org helps students and coaches connect and can support scholastic endeavors. Every student-athlete must register with the NAIA Eligibility Center to play sports at an NAIA college or university.
NAIA Eligibility Requirements: (Meet 2 out of 3 of the following)
- Test Score - TBD
- High School GPA - Minimum 2.0 out of 4.0
- Class Rank - Top 50% of class
NATIONAL JUNIOR COLLEGE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION (NJCAA)
NJCAA - 2 year schools: www.njcaa.org
- 525 schools
- Offer athletic sholarships
CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION (CCCAA)
CCCAA - 2 year schools: www.cccaasports.org
- 108 schools
- No athletic scholarships
Tesoro's School Counselor's do not upload Transcripts for you to the NCAA. You must go to Transcript Request and request a transcript be sent to the NCAA.