- General Info
- Calendar and Bell Schedule
- Copyright / IP Policy
- Phone Lines
- School Communications
- Student Policies and Procedures
- Tesoro Family of Schools
- Tesoro Virtual Tour
- WASC Accreditation
New Student Enrollment
24/25 Enrollment will open January 29, 2024
Student enrollment information for students NEW to Capistrano Unified School District
Please confirm that you reside within the Tesoro High School attendance area prior to enrolling your student. Click here to check your address. We are happy to assist you in determining the appropriate school site for your student. Feel free to contact the Guidance Department at 949-234-5319 if you have any questions.
Step 1: Complete the online enrollment and print out a copy of the completed form.
Step 2: The following documents need to be provided to our Registrar, Mrs. Schieber (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Verification of identity of parent (i.e., driver's license, CA ID card or passport with photo ID)
- Proof of Age:
- Official or Certified Copy of the birth record
- A statement by the local registrar or county recorder certifying the date of birth
- A baptismal certificate or official hospital record of birth
- A Passport, or
- When none of the above is obtainable, an Affidavit for Proof of Age of Minor signed by the student's parent/legal guardian may be accepted.
- Two (2) different utility bills (i.e., gas, electric, water, cable) as proof of residence
- Immunization record
- Unofficial transcript or most recent report card
- Online enrollment documents
Step 3: A counselor will contact you to discuss academic classes. Academic classes and any other requirements for class placement will be discussed with an academic advisor.
You will need the following required documents to enroll your child at Tesoro High School:
- Proof of Residence
In compliance with the CUSD board policies. Residency of a student shall be verified through two different, currently dated utility bills.
- Immunization record
Students must meet all immunization requirements to be enrolled and attend classes. New students may be able to contact the prior school of attendance to obtain these records. Current CUSD students may request these records by clicking on the link below or contacting the Registrar's office. Students will not be allowed to enroll unless there is a current and up to date immunization record.
- Birth Certificate/Age of Admission
Students enrolling for the first time in a CUSD school must provide proof of age with a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, statement by local registrar or county certifying the date of birth, or an Affidavit for Proof of Age of Minor signed by the student’s parent/legal guardian.
- Clearance/Withdrawal form
Students entering after the start of the school year will need to provide a withdrawal form from the prior school. This form should have the student's prior class schedule and must include any withdrawal grades if applicable.
An official transcript is preferred at the time of enrollment; however unofficial transcripts will be accepted. Please contact the student’s last school of attendance for this document.
- Online Enrollment Documents
Additional paperwork that may be required:
- An academic transcript or report card from your previous school.
- (Prior school records will be requested by the school in which your child enrolls.)
- For Special Education students: Current or most recent IEP and Assessments
- For GATE (gifted and talented) students: Prior test scores and/or certification forms
- For EL (English Learners) Students: a copy of current CELDT scores, if available.
Immediately after enrollment, a Registration Packet may be provided to the student. All required registration forms must be completed and turned in during walk through registration or on the first date of attendance.
Parent and Students are required to use the Parent Portal to update Student/Parent/Contact Information. All students must complete the registration forms every year. This includes current CUSD students who are automatically enrolled from the prior middle schools and Tesoro students from the prior school year of attendance. These required forms includes the following:
- Parent Portal Data Confirmation Sheet
- McKinney-Vento Assistance Act
- Migrant Education Program (if applicable)
8th grade students who attend Ladera Ranch Middle School, Las Flores Middle School, Escencia Middle School or Arroyo Vista Middle School and are in the feeder pattern to attend Tesoro due to the attendance boundaries will NOT be required to enroll with the Registrar. Records for these students will be automatically imported into the high school. Tesoro Counselors will conduct the Spring course enrollment process in March to assist 8th grade students in selecting their classes for grade 9. All students will be required to attend summer registration.
HIGH SCHOOL TRANSFERS
Student transferring into CUSD must meet all transfer policies. Transfer credits are accepted from accredited institutions only.
Courses from the transferring district which are designated as honors courses WILL NOT receive honors credit If there is not a corresponding CUSD course of the same title with the same description.
SCHOOL OF CHOICE INFORMATION
CUSD School of Choice allows families the opportunity to apply to attend another CUSD school that is not considered the neighborhood school serving the attendance area.
Families should review the information provided on the district CUSD website. Any student approved on school of choice must consider that transportation is the responsibility of the parent/guardian. School of Choice is only available during specific dates. View the CUSD school of choice website