- Career Technical Education
- Physical/Health Education
- Social Science
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Commercial Music
- Choral Music Courses
- Drawing & Painting
- Digital Photo
- Digital Multimedia and Design
- Instrumental Music Courses
- Theatre Arts
- TV Broadcast Journalism, TNN
- Video Production
- World Languages
AP CHEMISTRY SUMMER RESOURCES
This is for students enrolled in AP Chemistry
1. There is no summer homework for AP chemistry
2. If you would like resources in order to keep your Chemistry skills sharp over the summer please see "AP Chemistry" folder in the locker located to the right. Open "AP Chemistry Summer Resources" file.
This contains all the resources, expectations, and elements and ions you should remember from first year Chemistry. You will also find Powerpoint PDF files for Chapters 1-3 which is where we will start at the beginning of the school year. As well as a Solubility Chart, Periodic Table and Formula Sheet we use in AP Chemistry.
3. If you took Regular Chemistry first year (not IDEA Chemistry,) please note the additional topics on the bottom of page 1 that IDEA Chemistry was taught.
4. Email Mrs.Leiva at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Prerequisite: Completion of Chemistry with B's both semesters, Completion of Algebra II/Trig, and recommendation from current science teacher.
This inquiry and investigative laboratory-based course is equivalent to first-year college chemistry. Emphasis is placed on in-depth study of the structure of matter, states of matter, reactions, descriptive chemistry, and chemical calculations.
**From AP Central The College Board: Prerequisites: The AP Chemistry course is designed to be taken only after the successful completion of a first course in high school chemistry. Surveys of students who take the AP Chemistry Exam indicate that the probability of achieving a score of 3 or higher is significantly greater for students who successfully complete a first course in high school chemistry prior to undertaking the AP course. Thus it is strongly recommended that credit in a first-year high school chemistry course be a prerequisite for enrollment in an AP Chemistry class. In addition, the recommended mathematics prerequisite for an AP Chemistry class is the successful completion of a second-year algebra course. The advanced work in chemistry should not displace any other part of the student’s science curriculum. It is highly desirable that a student have a course in secondary school physics and a four-year college-preparatory program in mathematics.
AP CHEMISTRY TEACHER